skip to Main Content
Sunday Schedule: Live virtual service at 9:00am, in-person service at 10:30am

1810

The old log cabin Meeting House is dismantled and sold for $55.00. The logs are used to build a store in Devon (which is still standing as a house).

Read more

1816

A parsonage across the road from the Meeting House is erected. Though altered, it is still standing.

Read more

1821

Isaac and Rachel Cleaver leave to become medical missionaries to the Cherokee Indians in Tennessee.

Read more

1830

Baptist churches are established in Phoenixville (1830); Norristown (1832); West Chester and Malvern (1833); and Radnor (1841).

Read more

1832

Begins the period of largest growth. Between 1832 and 1840, Rev. Leonard Fletcher baptizes 448 people and is one of the founders of the Wilberforce Society in Chester County.

Read more

1871

The Meeting House is renovated — steeple, choir loft, and present windows are added.

Read more

1886

A chapel is erected on Cassatt Avenue in Berwyn to take advantage of the population growth along the Pennsylvania Railroad.

Read more

1891

A portion of land, including the parsonage and farm, are sold to the Penna. R.R. for its "Trenton Cutoff."

Read more

1949

Beginning of program to make the Meeting House the center of activities. The Meeting House is renovated to include new lights and a central heating system.

Read more

1953

The chapel and parsonage in Berwyn are sold, and ground is broken for a new Church School building and parsonage on land to the north of the cemetery.

Read more
Back To Top
Search